Friday 30 September 2011

Initial Targets

I have trained up until not so recently all my life. But through sheer amount of injuries I realise now that it was not as effective as it could have been and obviously wasn't too great safety wise. Holding certificates for being a PT this should not have happened and I have learned from the error of my ways. My new goals are progressive, straight forward and quantifiable so there is nowhere to hide. The time frame for these first stepping stones is to keep them in place by Xmas.

TARGETS

1. To be training at least 3 times a week no matter what type
2. To loose 7.5kg bringing my total bodyweight down to 85kg
3. To perform a set of 100 consecutive press-ups
4. To perform a set of 12 consecutive pull-ups
5. To dead lift 100kg 10 reps with perfect form
6. To lower my resting heart rate from 70 to 65

All these targets can be completed without the luxury of a gym which I know is not a necessity. I will need to buy some more weight plates for at home but still technically not a gym. And with just under 3 months to go I will be hard pressed to meet all these goals. But if they were easy what would be the point?

In my first feeble attempt to shed the weight as of this second I will no longer be eating the stuff that I love the most but hates me, crisps, biscuits, ice cream, cakes, pastry, chocolate bars and I will be dramatically cutting down on the fizzy pop to only when I have no over real option. As for alcohol I only drink when I go out out but to help I will go out less and drink less when I do.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment