Saturday 1 October 2011

Testing The Waters

Before I went for a run this morning, for the first time ever I felt apprehensive about the whole thing. Not from fear of the unknown, it was a fear of the inevitable. I knew exactly how the run would go and I was not looking forward to it.

I didnt bother with breakfast because I wasnt too hungry. Mistake number 1. My piss was like syrup because I havent really being drinking too much at work. Mistake number 2. With the choices being fizzy pop, which I wont have anymore, tea which I'm sick of and water which we can all agree gets boring.

So I set off and right on que I was huffing and puffing in no time. I was acheing all over after 5mins and during the first incline I had to walk up the last few yards. The run I did was about 3 miles-ish which I used to get done in about 25mins on a bad day. Today it took me a miserable 30mins.

I didnt feel bad after run. Dont get me wrong I was hurtin' real bad, but I felt alot better for it. When the endorphins kicked in after a shower I was buzzing. Why did I ever stop???

As long as my bike is still in working condition it will be a cycle tomorrow. I will have to favour the bike over running because I dont want to try my luck and knacker my ankle again. Hopefully on the bike I can keep going for longer and its easier to manage speeds etc even on a gradient. If there is no post tomorrow, feel free to give my a boot for slacking off. But I have promised myself I will do it and I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment