Monday 26 December 2011

Complete and Utter Failure

In my earlier posts I set out a number of goals to achieve by xmas. Xmas has been and passed and I am still no nearer to completing most of my goals.

I cannot say if I have lost my target amount of fat because it has been so long since I got on some scales. However I do feel that I have lost fat since I can see and feel less. This has been because I have shown restraint in my diet which I previously did not. However I am still not being as stringent as I planned which will change.

There is no way in hell I could do a set of 100 press-ups or 12 pull-ups. I think my best at the moment would be 25-30 press-ups on a good day and 6-8 pull-ups. This will change. I have got in to a slack routine of cutting corners, being waited on, putting in a half arsed effort and playing too much XBOX (a recurring theme). I think it goes without saying that I have not being hitting my target of 3 exercise sessions a week. If I had I would be closer to my goal, but I am not. I have been doing some exercise here and there but nothing regimented enough to see real gains.

A real step forward is that I am in the process of creating a training plan that is based on my 5 week rota pattern. A standard week-by-week plan just isn't suitable because of my work times. A different shift pattern every week would make the same routine almost impossible. So I am planning for this and making compensations where they must but maintaining a consistant regime is the key. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.

I have began to realise that a number of psychological factors have played a big part in my being and coming to terms with them ans handling them is not easy. Some days getting out of bed is a chore. My health and social lifw have suffered greatly because of this and my work is beginning to be effected too. This needs to change and with the support of my friends and family I will get there.

I also have a new means of combating my problems and that is getting back into sport. I have been asked on numerous occassions to start playing rugby again. I am currently getting full details about this so I can make arrangements with work and include it in my plan. More regular updates to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment