Wednesday 11 January 2012

New Year, New Mountain

Well the new year is upon me and with it came a realisation. Although I had a target of where I wanted to be, I had no reason to get there. So to draw my line in the sand I have registered to take part in the Sheffield half marathon on 27th May. This means I do indeed need to go from zero to hero in terms of cardio in order to finish the damn thing. To increase the stakes I have also arranged for a number of colleagues to take part with/against me, some of which will be more competition than others!! Also since the £ will be going down to actually take part that will further my resolve to buckle down and train. Soon after that I will be running the Great Yorkshire Run but I'll come to that nearer the time.

So far there are 6 of us running the race and hopefully more to come. It is my goal to finish at the head of the pack!! Although not having ran anything as long as 13 miles I'm not sure about what time I will be looking to finish in. Some more research will give me an idea of an achievable goal.

In-depth training regime to follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment