Saturday 15 October 2011

New Skills

After a full day of lessons and practice I am now a certified recreational level snow boarder. It was a really long day and I burned some serious kcals through training for 3hrs. It is such hard work on the lower body and core. Constant strain on the quads, hamstrings and glutes. The glutes get trashed!! Not only from none stop work but from falling flat on them too.

Made the most of the time training by running up the slope every time to get on it faster to get more practice and get a bit more phys in. I am definitely feeling the gains of my training even in such a short period of time. My legs are becoming more muscular as they feel more toned already. It is a massive moral boost to be feeling benefits already. It just spurs me on to do more and keep up the variety in the training.

I also may be starting swimming once a week because lets face it you have to search high and low to find a better workout than swimming. Obviously MMA circuit training is a close second but I think I need to get some more muscular strength and endurance before I can cross that bridge properly. Definitely going to focusing on fitness training rather than bulking up. What is the use in muscle if its for show? Not to mention the fact that a functional muscular body looks a lot better than someone who just goes to the gym and does bicep curls all day!? I have now subscribed to a new magazine "Train Hard Fight Easy" which is an MMA training magazine to give me a few more training tools and ideas to use. I am now more and more becoming a believer that variety in training is definitely the key to keeping results and gains coming so the body cant easily adapt.

No comments:

Post a Comment